Your security is of utmost importance to us. We strongly suggest you take note of the following email best practices to guard your identity and account information.
Awareness Emails (Product information, Maintenance, Security)
- All email notices will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All emails will contain your first and last name or the name of your business.
- After you click on a link, you will see http://firstnationalnorthfield.com/ (the only text between the slashes is firstnationalnorthfield). (Note: some phishers may do this: http://firstnationalnorthfield.com.mysite.co/.)
- We will never ask for your personal information via email.
- We will never direct you to a website that asks for your personal information.
- When you log in to online banking, make sure you see your authentication picture and are asked to enter your passphrase.
- If you see firstnationalnorthfield.com or web15.secureinternetbank.com in the address bar, these are legitimate. (Note: some phishers may do this: http://firstnationalnorthfield.com.mysite.co/.)
- Never provide your account information over email unless you are sure it is a representative of First National Bank of Northfield. If you’re not sure, please call us and ask.
Account Specific Emails (Statements, Alerts)
- All emails will be sent from email@example.com.
- Transactional emails (e.g. alerts) will not have any links. They will display the last three digits of your account number.