Photo Contest Terms & Conditions
Important: Please read these rules before entering this photo contest (the “Contest”).
By participating in this Contest, you (also referred to as “Entrant”) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and state that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
The Contest Sponsor is First National Bank, 329 Division Street, P.O. Box 59, Northfield, MN 55057.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
NO PURCHASE WILL INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. If you do not meet these eligibility requirements, you should not enter the Contest and you are not eligible to win a Prize. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. This Contest and the offer to enter the Contest are void where prohibited by law.
- Contest Period. One Prize will be awarded during each quarter. All entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a Prize.
- Important Disclaimer. First National Bank, Facebook, Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for any harm or damage you or others suffer as a result of or related to the Contest, including any harm or damage related to lost, late, distorted or damaged Submissions; Internet, or other computer- or communications-related failures; disruptions of the Contest; and printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- How to Enter. During the Contest Period, visit the First National Bank website and follow the instructions regarding the Contest and how to submit your entry (the “Submission”). First National Bank may display all Submissions on the First National Bank website and Facebook page. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions listed below.
- License of Submission to First National Bank; Waiver of Rights by Entrant. By uploading a Submission, Entrant grants to First National Bank (and First National Bank’s licensees and assigns) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display your Submission in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the Submission in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way First National Bank sees fit including, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted herein, First National Bank (and First National Bank’s licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. Further, Entrant waives any moral and creative rights in and to Entrant’s Submission; represents and warrants that Entrant is the sole owner of the Submission and that Entrant has the right to grant the rights granted in these Official Rules; and represents and warrants that the Submission and its use as contemplated in these Official Rules does not and will not violate or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party.
If necessary, Entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for First National Bank or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by First National Bank.
- Submission Guidelines and Requirements.
a) The Submission must be a color digital photo saved in JPG, PNG, or TIFF format and should be in horizontal orientation;
b) The size of the Submission should be at least 2400 pixels wide by 1600 pixels high;
c) The Submission must be Entrant’s original creation and owned solely by Entrant;
d) The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or exhibited publicly.
- Submission Content Restrictions.
a) The Submission must not disparage any person or entity or contain material that is indecent or otherwise inappropriate;
b) The Submission must be a photo of scenery or still items and not include any humans; and
c) The Submission must not contain material that violates the laws or regulations in any applicable jurisdiction, including the State of Minnesota and the jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
- Limit on Submissions. Entrant may submit no more than a total of one Submission during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person in excess of the limit will be void.
- Selection and Notification of Winner. Individuals selected by First National Bank (the “Judging Panel”) will select one (1) Submission from all of the Submissions received each quarter during the Contest Period as a Prize winner. Selection of the winning Submission by First National Bank will be based on the Judging Panel’s opinion on the quality of the Submission and the decision will be made in the Judging Panel’s sole discretion. The winner will be notified by email shortly after the winning Submission is selected. To claim the Prize, the winner should follow the instructions contained in his or her notification.
- Identification of Entrant. If a dispute arises about the identity of the Entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account or email address at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook account or email address associated with the Submission. The potential winner may be required to provide First National Bank with proof that the potential winner is the authorized owner of the Facebook account or email address associated with the winning Submission.
- Prize. The prize for each winning Submission is a $25 Visa Gift Card (the “Prize”). One (1) Prize winner will be selected each quarter during the Contest Period. The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $25. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that First National Bank reserves the right to substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value for the Prize. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied. The Prize is subject to all terms and conditions applicable to Visa Gift Cards.
- General Release. By entering the Contest, Entrant releases First National Bank and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- No Endorsement by Facebook or Visa. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Visa. Any information Entrant provides in connection with the Contest is to First National Bank and/or its sponsors/administrators and not to Facebook or Visa. You understand that by using and interacting with www.facebook.com, Entrant is subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.facebook.com. Entrant should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.facebook.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Facebook.
- Use of Winner’s Name and Likeness; Affidavit or Eligibility. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, Facebook profile name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or Prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes First National Bank deems appropriate, including for promotional and publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, winner may (in First National Bank’s discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming First National Bank’s right to use the information above. As a condition of being awarded any Prize, winner may (in First National Bank’s discretion) be required to execute and deliver to First National Bank a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by First National Bank in its discretion.
- Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of First National Bank. First National Bank reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules; violate any law in connection with participation in the Contest; tamper with the operation of the Contest; or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to First National Bank, the Contest, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in First National Bank’s discretion) may be disqualified from the Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to email@example.com.