We currently have an opportunity for a friendly and motivated part time Teller who excels in customer service. This position is approximately 20 – 25 hours per week. The ideal candidate will be available to work a varied schedule. The number of hours worked per day and the days worked each week will vary – anywhere from 7:15am – 6:15pm Monday through Friday and 8:45am – 12:15 pm every other Saturday. Previous banking experience preferred, but not required.
To learn more about this position, please visit www.firstnationalnorthfield.com and click the “about” tab at the top of the page. Please submit resumes or applications to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, processing savings withdrawals, recording and processing night and mail deposits.
- Completes additional duties, including cashier’s checks, money orders, currency and coin (sort, count, wrap), loan advances, cash advances and vault entries.
- Verifies the customer’s identity, signatures, endorsements, account balances and the authenticity of all transactions before processing transactions and releasing funds.
- Per bank policy, places necessary holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Documents large cash transactions according to established procedures.
- As appropriate, requests assistance from a bank officer or Teller Supervisor on large transactions to ensure the transaction is processed according to established procedures.
- Maintains sufficient cash drawer funds (within policy limits) to provide timely customer service.
- Accurately balances cash drawer and vault at the end of each business day.
- Balance and refill ATM cassettes as needed.
- Assists with ATM calls as needed.
- Promotes our products and services by actively engaging in cross-selling opportunities.
- Demonstrates a willingness to exceed customer expectations for prompt, friendly and efficient service.
- Communicates promptly with Teller Supervisor on important matters requiring management involvement.
- Promotes the bank’s mission, vision and bank culture.
- Complies with the various banking policies and procedures.
- Actively pursues cross-selling opportunities
- May assist other departments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous Teller experience preferred, but not required.
- Skills: Ability to interact positively and communicate effectively with all levels throughout the bank and with customers. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form. Practices a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. Divulges information only on a need-to-know basis. Considers alternative courses of action in assisting co-workers and customers with problems and selects the best action. Works toward immediate resolution and remedy. Good mathematical aptitude.
- Team oriented with the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Windows, etc.
- Ability to work a varied work schedule.
- Travel to all bank locations to perform above duties
- Travel to trade and industry schools and seminars
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. The First National Bank of Northfield reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
The First National Bank of Northfield is an EEO/AA employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.