Employment at First National
We’re glad you’re considering employment at First National Bank of Northfield. We are always looking for well-qualified job applicants who share our commitment to community and top-notch customer service. Learn more about joining our team by contacting either the Downtown Northfield or South locations. Be sure to see the current job openings listed on this page.
Full Time Teller/Deposit Operations Representative
The First National Bank of Northfield is a service driven and community minded bank with 145 years of history serving the Northfield area. We are a successful and growing bank with approximately $195 million in total assets.
We currently have an opportunity for a friendly and motivated full time Teller / Deposit Operations Representative who excels in customer service. The ideal candidate will be available to work a varied schedule. The number of hours worked per day and the days worked each week will vary – anywhere from 7:15am – 6:15pm Monday through Friday and 8:45am – 12:15 pm every third Saturday. Candidates with at least 1 year of experience in banking, teller or deposit operations strongly preferred.
To learn more about our bank, please visit www.firstnationalnorthfield.com
Essential Duties/Functions and Responsibilities of this position include:
Deposit Operations Representative Responsibilities:
All duties below should be followed according to the documented process and procedures that will be provided to the employee in the Deposit Operations Procedure manual.
- Monitors e-statements and follow procedures for returned mail.
- Scans transactions from other locations as necessary.
- Processes branch capture.
- Processes, balances and sells all UBB/Federal Reserve operational activities.
- Inputs general ledger entry descriptions on Premier Navigator.
- Reviews and processes all NSF accounts on EIM.
- Process all returns and notifications.
- Balance General Ledger blocks and report to management accordingly.
- Create and process correction block.
- Reviews, resolves and processes stop pay items in EIM.
- Processes incoming and outgoing wire transfers and corresponding transactions.
- Process Mobile deposit and Remote Deposit Capture files.
- Inputs/verifies savings bond information in Premier Navigator.
- Processes ACH items.
- Tracks ACH transactions and coordinates customer notification of ACH receipt and any security related issues that must be communicated and documented.
- Inputs ACH returns and revocations, ACH notifications of change, large item return notifications, and originates ACH reclamations on Fedline.
- Monitors all supplies for Deposit Operations and restocks when necessary.
- Monitors the department’s adherence to regulatory and bank compliance.
- Conducts research requests as necessary.
- Provides deposit operations support for other bank personnel.
- Processes/logs all file maintenance requests within established time frames.
- Ensure that issues concerning software or hardware are escalated to the appropriate parties to be addressed.
- Compile, sort, edit and verify all information entered into Premier Navigator.
- Input data to bank account applications as requested.
- Meet all daily operation function deadlines, completing corresponding checklists.
- Support any strategic action plans, as requested by management.
- Backup of processing and coding of IRA transactions for accurate year end reporting
- Business Online Banking setup in coordination with Cash Management Officer.
- Monitor and process TMS setup and transactions.
- Setup Business BillPay
- BPM Admin responsibilities with direction from the retail banking staff.
- Website and Facebook administration as directed by the Technology Officer.
- Business analytics knowledge to pull reports as requested.
- Completes other duties as requested.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, processing savings withdrawals, recording and processing night and mail deposits.
- Completes additional duties, including cashier’s checks, money orders, currency and coin (sort, count, wrap), loan advances, cash advances and vault entries.
- Verifies the customer’s identity, signatures, endorsements, account balances and the authenticity of all transactions before processing transactions and releasing funds.
- Per bank policy, places necessary holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Documents large cash transactions according to established procedures.
- As appropriate, requests assistance from a Bank Officer or Teller Supervisor on large transactions ensuring the transaction is processed according to established procedures.
- Maintains sufficient cash drawer funds (within policy limits) to provide timely customer service.
- Accurately balances cash drawer and vault at the end of each business day.
- Balance and refill ATM cassettes as needed.
- Assists with ATM calls as needed.
- Promotes our products and services by actively engaging in cross-selling opportunities.
- Demonstrates a willingness to exceed customer expectations for prompt, friendly and efficient service.
- Communicates promptly with Teller Supervisor on important matters requiring management involvement.
- Promotes the bank’s mission, vision, core beliefs and bank culture.
- Complies with the various banking policies and procedures.
- May assist other departments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous Teller and Deposit operations experience strongly preferred.
- Skills: Ability to interact positively and communicate effectively with all levels throughout the bank and with customers. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form. Practices a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. Divulges information only on a need-to-know basis. Considers alternative courses of action in assisting co-workers and customers with problems and selects the best action. Works toward immediate resolution and remedy. Good mathematical aptitude.
- Work Environment: Team oriented with the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment. Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Windows, etc. Ability to work a varied work schedule.Travel to all bank locations to perform above duties. Travel to trade and industry schools and seminars. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The First National Bank of Northfield is an EEO/AA employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
The duties of this position may change from time to time. The First National Bank of Northfield reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.