Employment at First National
We’re glad you’re considering employment at First National Bank of Northfield. We are always looking for well-qualified job applicants who share our commitment to community and top-notch customer service. Learn more about joining our team by contacting either the Downtown Northfield or South locations. Be sure to see the current job openings listed on this page.
Current Job Openings
Technology and Deposit Operations Officer
First National Bank of Northfield is a service driven and community minded bank with 145 years of history serving the Northfield area. We are a successful and growing bank with approximately $188 million in total assets.
We have a full time opportunity for a Technology and Deposit Operations Officer in our Northfield, Minnesota location. This position plans, implements and manages policies and duties relating to bank deposit operations and information technology (including all bank electronic equipment service maintenance).
- Previous IT and cyber-security experience in a bank environment,
- Previous Deposit Operations experience in a bank environment,
- Previous management experience in the areas listed above, in a bank environment,
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy with strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task
First National Bank of Northfield offers a competitive benefits package (medical and dental insurance, paid vacation days, paid sick days, 401k with an employer match, and more!). To learn more about us, please visit www.firstnationalnorthfield.com. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
First National Bank of Northfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Personnel and Team Management
- Supervision/Management: Manages Deposit Operations staff, IT vendor relationships and Bank Security Officer. Demonstrates knowledge of, and commitment to, the Bank’s Mission and Vision Statements, Values Statement, and Strategic Goals.
- Communication: Contributes to an effective environment of communication by meeting regularly with employees. Shares relevant information on trends specific to the department, meeting topics, department goals, and Bank goals. Encourages feedback and uses employee input during decision making.
- Employee Development: Creates a motivating work environment where employees are challenged to develop their skills and abilities. Delegates responsibility in order to encourage ‘stretch’ performance. Coaches employees to reach full performance potential. Encourages and assists employees in drafting Development Plans. Recruit, interview and select employees.
- Training and Goal Setting: Ensures that job description accountabilities and customer service expectations have been clearly communicated. Develops new employee training plans. Sets annual goals and/or work plan objectives with each employee. Maintains record of training and coaching completed to assist employees in meeting performance expectations and goals.
- Performance Tracking: Monitors performance of assigned employees. Meets with employees to review performance and goals at a minimum of semi annually. Conducts effective interim and annual performance reviews. Recognizes and rewards accomplishments. Monitors all department functions to ensure uniform understanding of and compliance with Bank policies and procedures. Proactively takes corrective action when necessary, and within guidelines.
- Efficiency: Leads by example and follows through on issues, projects and plans. Provides written procedures and policies as guides for completing work. Models and promotes full, efficient use of technology and other resources. Continually seeks and rewards efficiency improvement.
- Administrative Support: Administers Bank Employment Policies in a fair and equitable manner. Provides input and analysis during the annual budget process including salary, training, system and equipment needs. Ensures that job descriptions are up to date at all times. Promptly consults with Human Resources when questions arise on employment issues.
- Oversees and periodically reviews creation and maintenance of Operational procedures
- Core Processing Management
- Plans, schedules and coordinates item processing activities to ensure function runs efficiently.
- Installs, upgrades, and maintains existing Core Processing platforms to ensure optimal use of the bank’s resources
- Maintain integration and accuracy of Core Processing to bank information systems and customers.
- Set standards for software and hardware installations to ensure consistency of all deployed systems.
- Works with management to formulate and implement acceptable operating policies and procedures designed to effectively manage bank risk while providing superior customer service.
- Manage Account reconcilement to ensure separation of duties for audit and compliance purposes
- correspondent accounts
- EIM in process
- PIM in process
- Oversee Day to Day Branch capture operations
- ACH processing
- Daily Report verifications ie: exception reports
Information Technology (IT) Management:
- Leads Technology and Information Systems Management
- Leads the IT Committee, whose purpose is to support the vision of the Bank by identifying, investigating, evaluating and recommending IT investments that:
- Provide our external and internal customers competitive products and services
- Facilitate efficient operations and regulatory compliance of the Bank
- Secure and protect customer and Bank transactions and information
- In conjunction with IT Committee, develops recommendations for technology priorities on an annual basis and communicates them to Senior Management for approval. Provides management with accurate proposals and realistic cost savings resulting from implementation and maintenance of new systems.
- IT budget planning, tracking and reporting
- Ensure bank staff and management exploit Fiserv software, services and tools to improve customer service, and bank results
- Vendor management for all technology and bank operations managed services
- Plans, schedules and coordinates department work activities resulting in smooth IT and Deposit Operations functions, ensuring all courier deliveries are met.
- Provides input and recommendations for procedural or policy changes, ensuring all departmental operational duties.
- Completes other duties as requested. Provides back up to department staff as requested.
- Monitor e-mail and Internet use;
- Provide evaluation material to managers regarding e-mail, Internet and technology use;
- Attend pertinent IT conferences, user group meetings and seminars to keep abreast of recent technology and bank equipment developments;
- Recruit, interview and select subordinate employees and interns to assist in daily job functions;
- Performs job accountabilities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
IT Administrative and Technical Duties:
- Coordinate with IT staff, Management Team and HR to develop and implement employee training procedures as necessary and with new systems applications and new employees;
- Lead the following initiatives, assigning to IT Project Specialist, or others, as necessary:
- WAN/LAN administration
- Network password administration
- Software testing and installation
- Systems maintenance
- Telephone upgrades
- Microsoft Outlook administration
- Perform daily system backups
- Voice and telephone administration
- Helpdesk monitoring to ensure issues are tracked and addressed in a timely manner.
- Website maintenance
- Assistance with electronic marketing needs
- Plan, implement and manage networking and cabling and telephony and computer system
- Familiarity with networking hardware such as NIC cards, CAT 5 and T1 wiring, file servers, firewalls, hubs, switches and routers
- Education and /or experience: Associates degree and/or bachelor degree in business administration, with technology (IT) emphasis highly preferred. Experience and continuing education will be considered and highly encouraged. 8-10 years of banking experience, with 5-7 years of operations and IT related experience, including 3-5 years of Fiserv systems experience. Demonstrated, consistently high performance in operational service measures, end user support, compliance, project management and people management. Recognized for results in operational efficiency and customer service improvements utilizing IT.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead employees resulting in behaviors that support the bank culture, vision and values.
- Skills: Demonstrated strong verbal and communications skills. Ability to understand strategic, big picture implications and opportunities of duties. Demonstrated ability to translate and communicate simple to complex operations and IT topics and issues into easy to understand, business-oriented messages across colleagues, staff, executives and board of directors levels. Strong listening, proctive problem-solving and implementation skills. Ability to read and interpret documentation such as operating and procedure manuals, maintenance or installation instructions and direct employees to carry out duties according to these guidelines.
- Team orientation and the ability to adapt in a fun, fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Windows, Google Apps, etc.;
- 40+-hour workweek schedule;
- Traveling to all locations to perform above duties;
- Travel to trade and industry schools and seminars;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. The First National Bank of Northfield reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.