Employment at First National
We’re glad you’re considering employment at First National Bank of Northfield. We are always looking for well-qualified job applicants who share our commitment to community and top-notch customer service. Learn more about joining our team by contacting either the Downtown Northfield or South locations. Be sure to see the current job openings listed on this page.
Current Job Openings
First National Bank of Northfield is a service driven and community minded bank with 145 years of history serving the Northfield area. We are a successful and growing bank with approximately $188 million in total assets.
We have a full time opportunity for a motivated Universal Banker in our Northfield, Minnesota locations (This position will rotate between both of our Northfield locations). The ideal candidate will be a professional who loves working on the front lines with our customers. Responsibilities include analyzing customer needs, cross selling bank products, opening bank products, and working with our Teller department to process financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals and deposit. The ideal candidate will be available to work a varied schedule, one night a week until 6:15 pm and every 3rd or 4th Saturday from 8:45am – 12:15pm is required.
- Previous experience in a bank environment a plus
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy with strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task
First National Bank of Northfield also offers a competitive benefits package (medical and dental insurance, paid vacation days, 401k, and more!). To learn more about us, please visit www.firstnationalnorthfield.com and click the “about” tab at the top of the page.
First National Bank of Northfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities
- Opens new accounts and maintains existing accounts as required
- Orders ATM and Debit cards, checks, foreign currency and wires domestic and international funds accurately and promptly as needed.
- Analyzes business customers for necessary documentation, and best account type in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Proactively cross-sells to new and existing customers.
- Ensures thorough documentation is provided for all customer files.
- Opens and services IRA & HSA accounts by analyzing customer’s needs and selecting the appropriate products and producing the appropriate forms. Making appropriate entries to ensure proper tax reporting.
- Attends IRA training as required to ensure compliance with regulatory changes
- Responds to customer requests regarding products, fees and services in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Greets customers entering or leaving the bank in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Answer customer questions or directs them to appropriate staff.
- Opens and closes vaults
- Processes garnishments and levies
- May assist other departments as required, including providing administrative support to Officers.
- Creates, maintains, updates and reconciles spreadsheets and miscellaneous accounts.
- Performs office lead responsibilities when working Saturdays
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks as assigned.
- Ensures receptionist area is covered at all times
- Accepts customer deposits and withdrawals, loan payments, verifying all cash and issues receipts.
- Maintains sufficient cash drawer and RBU funds (within policy limits) to provide timely customer service.
- Balances drawer and RBU at end of day.
- Processes night drop deposits (dual control) and mail deposits for customers, ensuring all transactions are recorded promptly and accurately.
- As appropriate, requests assistance from a Bank Officer or Teller Supervisor on large transactions according to established procedures.
- Documents large cash transactions according to established procedures.
- Is familiar with CTRs to assist with customer inquiries. Validates customer data prior to completing transactions or releasing funds.
- Completes additional duties, including savings bonds, currency and coin (sort, count, wrap), loan advances, cash advances and vault (buying from and selling to).
- Knowledgeable of bank security policies (BSA, CIP, etc).
- Balances General Ledger accounts as assigned.
- May sell cashier check, certified checks, and money orders.
- Communicates promptly with Teller Supervisor on important matters requiring management involvement.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates a willingness to exceed customer expectations for prompt, efficient service.
- Actively pursues cross-selling opportunities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College preferred. Previous experience in a bank setting a plus.
- Skills: Ability to interact positively and communicate effectively with all levels throughout the bank and with customers. Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form. Practices a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. Divulges information only on a need-to-know basis. Considers alternative courses of action in assisting co-workers and customers with problems and selects the best action. Works toward immediate resolution and remedy. Good mathematical aptitude.
- Team oriented with the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook, Windows, etc.
- Ability to work a varied work schedule.
- Travel to all bank locations to perform above duties
- Travel to trade and industry schools and seminars
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. The First National Bank of Northfield reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.